Although growing in tropical areas, the coconut palm and its fruit, coconut nut (Cocos nucifera) are used everywhere on the planet.
Coconut, besides being used in cooking, it also has many healing properties.
What is the Nutritional Composition of the Coconut?
Coconut is rich in saturated fatty acids, which are considered to be unpleasant fats, but coconut fatty acids are very desirable, especially in the process of weight loss, although it works contradictory, studies have shown that daily consumption of one teaspoon of coconut oil taken up in a month reduced the belly fat.
Coconut is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, fibers. The vitamins contained in the coconut are: vitamin A, B1, B2, B5, B6, E, C.
The mineral composition in the coconut includes: iron, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, chlorine, selenium.
What are the Basic Health Benefits of Coconut Oil?
• It is effective in influenza, cold, bronchitis, lung inflammation, asthma
• Removes abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, has impact on metabolism and weight loss
• Recommended for hepatitis C
• Treatment of urinary tract and kidney infections, removing kidney stones
• Gives energy, vitality, compensates lost electrolytes
• Regulates the operation of the liver and pancreas
• In children, it affects the growth of teeth and bones, in elders, coconut oil prevents osteoporosis.
• Acts healing in inflammation, helps in wound healing, revitalizes the skin, protect skin from UV rays
• Used to treat fungal infections (Candida)
• It works antiviral and antibacterial; the main ingredient of coconut oil is lauric acid, which possesses antimicrobial properties.
• Protects against colon cancer, breast and digestive tumors.
• Coconut oil works on Streptococcus mutans, a bacterium that deposits the teeth and leads to decay. Based on this, researchers suggest that coconut oil is necessarily added to toothpaste and mouthwash, in order to better protect teeth and gums.
What is Coconut Milk?
So, coconut milk is a liquid that comes out of grated pulp or coconut meat. The color and rich taste of milk can be attributed to the high content of fats or oils.
Coconut milk is extremely versatile and has various uses in the kitchen, especially vegan and exotic.